Don got his answer:
On Wed, 27/6/12, Corbett, Sarah <Sarah.Corbett@rotherham.gov.uk> wrote:
From: Corbett, Sarah <Sarah.Corbett@rotherham.gov.uk>
Subject: FOI Request 166
To: DON BUXTON
Date: Wednesday, 27 June, 2012, 10:33
Dear Mr Buxton,
I refer to your recent request for information regarding the article in the Star newspaper. Please note that some of this information is not held by Rotherham MBC. The information is held by Rotherham Local Childrens Safeguarding Board (LCSB) who operate as a separate legal entity from the Council. However, the Council will respond on their behalf and I can therefore provide the following information:
1. The total cost of the High Court injunction and any and all of the cost of legal advice and/or opinion given to RMBC from either within or without the organisation, in relation to the Serious Case Review mentioned in the article.
A high court injunction was not obtained. The cost of the legal advice has not yet been calculated, therefore this information is not held by either the Council or the LSCB.
2. Please provide a specific itemised cost and date breakdown in relation to the legal costs requested in (1) above.
Please see response to (1) above.
In accordance with the procedures of Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC), I am advising you that the cost to the authority in responding to this request has been £30.09 which reflects the staff time and administration costs involved. RMBC however does not currently make any charge to customers for processing Freedom of Information Act requests.
If you are not satisfied with this response you have the right to an internal review by the Council. Please contact us via the above email address or by post to Sarah Corbett, Information Governance Manager, Legal Services, Riverside House, Main Street , Rotherham , S60 1AE .
If you are not satisfied with the internal review, you can appeal to the Information Commissioner. Contact details are: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane , Wilmslow, Cheshire . SK9 5AF. Telephone 01625 545700. Alternatively go to http://www.ico.gov.uk/
Information Governance Manager
Information Governance Unit
Don Buxton replied thus:
Dear “Corbett, Sarah” <Sarah.Corbett@rotherham.gov.uk>
Thank you for your half-hearted attempt at answering my FOI
1. I will continue to press RMBC on this specific matter until I have been informed what specific legal costs RMBC has incurred as indicated in my original question
2. I also dispute your ridiculous spurious notional cost you attribute to my FOI enquiry and I require you to provide me with an itemised breakdown as to how your organisation has reached this fanciful notion
3. Surely someone at RMBC is “having a larf” when they can’t measure the legal costs that I enquired about, but some civic beancounter can assess my FOI at £30.09
Donald H. Buxton
Previously: Rotherham’s Disgrace – The questions begin?