Aged forty four and married with two sons, Shaun has lived and worked in South Yorkshire his whole life.
He has experience across the public, private and voluntary sector; having served as a magistrate, Vice Chairman of South Yorkshire Police Authority, councillor, local Mayor, business owner and as a trustee on a number of charities including: the Coalfields Regeneration Trust & Groundwork Trust.
This unique blend of experience and dedicated service to local communities – together with his commitment to work in partnership with all agencies to cut crime – makes him well placed to serve us in the role of Police & Crime Commissioner.
He pledges to:
- Always listen and be on your side; championing the decent, law abiding majority and providing a better deal for victims of crime.
- Stand up for our communities against the Coalition Governments’ cuts to policing and the loss of over one thousand South Yorkshire Police jobs; as well as protect policing from privatisation.
- Always protect the most vulnerable first; working to reduce the most serious offences and the despair which crime creates; especially for the elderly, women and children.
- Protect front line neighbourhood policing teams; ensuring officers are visible and responsive to local needs.
- Back a strong and swift response to antisocial behaviour; helping victims and dealing with issues quickly.
- Work in partnership to tackle re-offending by supporting more prevention, rehabilitation and restorative programmes.
- Deliver efficient and effective services and introduce a ‘Local Policing Pledge’ because South Yorkshire people have a right to know what policing services they can expect.
- Protect the police from political interference by respecting the operational independence of the Chief Constable.
Prepared by Liz Donaghy Agent to Shaun Wright C/O Trades and Labour Club, Talbot St. Sheffield S2 2TG