FOI 2012.12.12 – RMBC negotiations with Wickersley Parish Council
I am an active and empowered Wickersley citizen with an interest in the costs and activities of those who are in public service on behalf of me, my family and the residents of Rotherham.
In the attached PDF document there is an article “Ribbon of Colours” on p3 from my latest Wickersley Parish Council newsletter, in which it states that RMBC officers recently attended a Parish Council meeting to discuss possible remediation payment and/or works by RMBC in relation to RMBC spraying a central reservation in which Wickersley Parish had, under licence from RMBC, planted tuplips, crocuses and daffodils for many years.
I require you to provide me with the following information –
1. Copies of any such RMBC notes, memos, e-mails, letters, documents, plans or drawings or items by any other name in which details of said meeting took place.
2. What potential sum of possible remediation payment is RMBC contemplating negotiating with Wickersley Parish Council?
3. How, and when, did RMBC “forget” that Wickersley Parish Council have been undertaking planting under RMBC Licence?
4. What learning or disciplinary action has resulted from this mistake by RMBC?
5. Who is the Cabinet Member and Executive Director of the Directorate responsible for this mistake by RMBC?
6. Why didn’t RMBC formally liaise with Wickersley Parish Council, and other Parish Councils, before commencing the spraying work?
Please provide the above information in electronic format and within the timescale prescribed in the Freedom of Information Act.
Donald H. Buxton