Ed Miliband, when down with the brothers and sisters in Bournemouth at the Trades Union Congress, tried his very best to convince them he had a plan for the future that would work. For the country? No! His main attention is focussed upon ‘reforming’, weakening many would say, the Trades Union – Labour link!
The Falkirk story serves as a lesson to a Leader, who clearly does not understand the Party’s own Rulebook! Or understand the Labour Party in the way it operates throughout the ‘Heartland’ areas, mostly in the North. Not even representing a Doncaster seat has provided him with the necessary insight! Perhaps, if he spent some time in Donny, he might have come to understand the way things work in ‘Rotten Borough’ territory, hereabouts.
Does he even know where Rotherham is? One is left wondering why Miliband is turning a Nelson’s eye towards Rotherham Borough, when it is clear, the Party has major disciplinary issues to deal with?
What must Ed Miliband do to start to restore credibility and confidence in the Labour Party in Rotherham Borough?
- Ensure the ‘Independent’ Inquiry is just that, with a chairman who everyone can have confidence in.
- Put the Rotherham Constituency in to ‘Special Measures’.
- Announce the suspension, from the Labour Party, of Jahangir Akhtar, until the ‘Independent Inquiry’ is completed, followed by the Party’s own disciplinary process!
- Announce that ‘Biraderi’ affiliations are as unwelcome as Militant used to be, in the Labour Party led by Ed Miliband.
- Enforce the Labour Party Rule Book, in it’s entirety, throughout Rotherham. That one in particular would greatly assist positive improvement in Labours fortunes at the elections of 2014.
These measures, when taken together, might just save a few seats for Labour? Certainly, continued inaction, is serving to corrode popular opinion, and voter sentiment here in Rotherham!
Let’s see if Ed Miliband can rise to this challenge? If not, the sense of abandonment felt by Rotherham’s citizens and voters by the Labour Party, will be complete!
Come on Ed, you must rise to this challenge and demonstrate to us that you have heard our voices and pleas for your help!