Nearly a couple of months ago Rothpol published a letter they had received from an anonymous source.
This letter seems to have been authored by members of the Asian community in Rotherham and as well as displaying unacceptable fear of their elected representatives. It contains a series of allegations which, if true, would have very serious consequences down the line.
Those allegations in full. As far as is possible they are presented in the order they appear in the letter. Every entry below, it should be noted, should be assumed to start with ‘it is alleged that’:
- The authors live in fear of Akhtar.
- He and Steve Rogers conspired together to bend the rules for personal and family gain.
- His own involvement with young vulnerable women in the 1980’s.
- He abused his sister and had violently attacked his brother in law.
- He has established total control of the Unity Centre, by bullying and harassment, to the benefit of himself and his family.
- He installed members of his own family to paid positions in the Unity Centre for which they were unqualified. No fair selection processes necessary.
- His son’s wife is running a business from the Unity Centre as a tenant.
- Oldest son was mysteriously installed as Chief Executive of the REMA Charity (Rotherham Ethnic Minority Alliance). a post for which he was unqualified.
- REMA was then moved into the Unity Centre of which he was simultaneously Chief Executive. Two full time 37 hours a week jobs together, how did he find the time?
- That Jahangir Akhtar is corrupt, violent, greedy, nepotistic, dishonest and has brought great shame to members of his own community and Rotherham as a whole.
So there we have it, I think? Quite a substantial list, if a reader should spot any serious allegation that has been missed, please leave a comment to let other readers know about it.
Many of these allegations are serious and should not be taken lightly as there are some allegations which, may amount to malfeasance and some that indicate more serious criminality still.