Landlord who put tenants’ health and safety at risk fined
A LANDLORD who failed to carry out repairs at his properties and put tenants health and safety at risk has been fined.
Kassim Kurbanali (48) pleaded guilty to three offences relating to two properties that he owned and rented out in Brinsworth and Wales.
He appeared at Rotherham Magistrates’ Court on April 4 and pleaded guilty to failing to comply with improvement notices.
Kurbanali, of Manor Road, Wales, was fined £1,400 and also ordered to pay a £140 victim surcharge and £678 costs.
Landlords urged to follow new safety rules
Posted On: 19 April 2016
LANDLORDS have been reminded they have to comply with new rules about smoke and carbon monoxide detectors which were brought in six months ago.