Police probe three Labour MPs for expenses fraud after it’s claimed they failed to declare thousands of pounds spent on staff to get them re-elected
- South Yorkshire Police to investigate three MPs for electoral fraud
- Sir Kevin Barron, John Healey and Sarah Champion all under spotlight
- Miss Champion accused of using parliamentary assistant to campaign
- Alleged Sir Barron did not declare £21,000 spent on staff for 2015 vote
- Mr Healey probed about £30,000 expenditure not properly declared
Police have announced that they are investigating three Labour MPs for electoral expenses fraud after they allegedly failed to declare tens of thousands of pounds spent on recruiting staff to get them re-elected.
South Yorkshire Police are investigating Sir Kevin Barron, John Healey and Sarah Champion over financial declarations made to the Electoral Commission in the run-up to the General Election last year.