Labour’s domestic abuse Minister Sarah Champion’s ex-husband ‘still has nightmares’
- Sarah Champion was cautioned by police after attacking her ex-husband
- Graham Hoyland is still ‘disturbted’ by the actions of the Rotherham MP
- Miss Champion spent the night in a cell after a row over a painting
- Mr Hoyland suggested the row was actually about a pre-nuptial agreement
Labour’s Shadow Minister for domestic violence was an ‘abusive bully’ who terrified her former husband and cost him £200,000 in their divorce settlement, a friend claimed last night.
Sarah Champion admitted yesterday that she was arrested and cautioned by police after attacking explorer Graham Hoyland during their ‘very acrimonious’ divorce in 2007.
But the Rotherham MP – who faced calls to resign last night – told a national newspaper the violent bust-up came after she had been ‘provoked for years’ by Mr Hoyland.
Jeremy Corbyn backs Sarah Champion who admits she ‘lost control’ in domestic row
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has voiced his support for his domestic violence spokeswoman Sarah Champion, after she admitted she had ended up in a police cell accused of assault after a violent row with her then husband.
The Rotherham MP told the Daily Mirror that the incident happened when she was going through a divorce from husband Graham in 2007.
Ms Champion, who is shadow minister for preventing abuse and domestic violence, said that her then husband called police during an argument about the sale of their home.
Labour’s domestic violence chief ‘must quit’ over attack on her husband: Campaigner demands she steps down over revelation she was cautioned for hitting her ex
- People called for Labour’s domestic violence spokesman to step down
- Sarah Champion, 47, was cautioned by police for hitting her ex-husband
- Friends of Graham Hoyland, 59, claim he was ‘humiliated and abused’
Campaigners last night called for Labour’s domestic violence spokesman to step down after it emerged she was cautioned by police for hitting her ex-husband.
Friends of Graham Hoyland, 59, claim he was routinely ‘humiliated and abused’ by Sarah Champion, 47, during a tumultuous marriage.
The Rotherham MP ended up in a police cell after one tussle and both parties were cautioned.