FOI 2012.19.12 – LACK OF A RESPONSE FROM RMBC TO DoH CONSULTATION
As an active and empowered citizen with an interest in the costs and activities of those who seek and enjoy public service at considerable financial expense to the local taxpayer I read the following item – http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/12/health-scrutiny-response/ – with considerable interest and thought I would establish what had been the response from those elected members with responsibility for the health and social care of me and my family, within Rotherham MBC.
I was astonished, very disappointed, but not in the least bit surprised to find that there appears to be no recorded formal response from RMBC, unlike Wakefield Council, Sheffield City Council Health Scrutiny Committee, Leeds City Council Health Scrutiny Board, Chesterfield Borough Council and Barnsley MBC to name a few local statutory authorities who did provide a formal response.
It seems like I’m living in a disadvantage postcode lottery area in comparison to those citizens whose elected members and statutory authorities did provide responses on behalf of the communities they are elected to serve.
I therefore require you to provide me with the following information –
1. Why Rotherham MBC Elected Members and Officers fail to respond to the consultation?
2. Who, why and when, within Rotherham MBC decided not to respond to the consultation.
3. Were Rotherham MBC Elected Members and Officers aware of the consultation?
4. If Rotherham MBC Elected Members and Officers were not aware of the consultation, specify in detail why not.
5. Did Rotherham MBC Elected Members and Officers discuss the DoH Consultation with members of NHS Rotherham and/or Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group?
Please provide the above information in electronic format and within the timescale prescribed in the Freedom of Information Act.
Donald H. Buxton