Our wonderful local newspaper the Rotherham Advertiser last week alerted the residents of Rotherham to yet another hair brained, crackpot scheme.
This time to build a salt store igloo in a prominent position adjacent to junction 1 of the M18 at Hellaby/Bramley.
The Advertisers report click here has alerted local residents that are reportedly furious at the proposal to build this monstrosity on a gateway route into Rotherham.
Opposition to this ridiculous development has swung into action, local residents are getting organised for the fight to stop this considerable eyesore from going ahead.
It would appear that, as usual in Rotherham, procedural problems exist with this proposal and will inevitably result in much difficulty as RMBC attempt to progress this against a torrent of opposition.
Want to know more? Want to object? Want to help stop it? Then contact them!
Rob Foulds; firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 01709546778 Mobile 07990664710
Neil Fulcher: email@example.com click here Neil Fulcher.
Text of Freedom of Information request by Councillor Neil Fulcher on behalf of his constituents:
“Under the Freedom of Information Act of Parliament and as Duly Elected Councillor acting in the interests of my constituents I require you provide me the following information:
1. The minutes of the RMBC council meeting were the debate to purchase the land at Junction 1 M18 for the new Rotherham Town salt store took place?
2. The expert preparatory information that was supplied to RMBC to form a rational as to whether this site geology, geographically and environmentally was suitable for the purpose to which it is been put?
3. The sale price paid for the land from the public purse?
4. The date the land was purchased on behalf of the people of Rotherham?
5. The existing planning permission from the previous owner of the site which RMBC employee Karl Battersbey said did not need changing on the BBC radio Sheffield interview he gave.
6. The cost of ground works to prepare the site for the Salt store?
7. The total build cost of the salt dome and the infrastructure?
8. The ground works contactor?
9. The date and a copy of the RMBC order which was given for the ground works to start?
10. The environmental flora and fauna impact report for the site?
11. The air pollution impact report for this site and the pb10 = pb6 concentrations for Junction 1 – M18
12. The community impact report for the site?
13. The road traffic impact report showing the suitability of road infrastructure for heavy lorry’s to ingress and exit the site onto Bawtry Road.
14. The public consultation replies / conclusions for the site?
15. Copies of consultation documentation sent to Bramley Parish Council / Maltby Town Council and Thurcroft Parish Council.
16. The total amount of salt to be stores on this site?
17. The principal political councillors responsible the oversight of this project?
18. The RMBC officers responsible the oversight of this project?
Under the Freedom of Information Act of Parliament I require you to acknowledge receipt of this FOI request allocate it a reference number and answer the points I have raised in numerical order, supplying the information in electronic format in the allotted FOI allotted time.”
Councillor Neil Fulcher