Anston and Woodsetts Labour Party meeting
Chair Robin Stonebridge Treasurer Liz Bridges
Judy Dalton, 213 Nursery Rd, Dinnington, Sheffield S25 2QU
Minutes of Trigger Ballot
1. Welcomed by Chair and introduction of Executive Committee member JD to oversee proceedings
2. Membership check undertaken. There were 9 members eligible to vote for A&Woodsetts Ward. There were 3 members present eligible to vote for Wales Ward.
3. Procedure was outlined by the chair according to the NEC procedural guidelines.
4. Election of Tellers-KW and JD
5. Distribution of statement from Member of Parliament and Chief Whip’s report
6. Members allowed 15 minutes to read statement and report.
7. Discussion on the merits of the Member of Parliament – It was noted that the sitting candidate had an excellent voting record and was a hard working constituency MP.
8. Ballot Papers were distributed to the members, 3 of which were adjusted to read Wales ward, as they had all printed as Anston and Woodsetts Ward. The ballot papers were then collected and counted by Tellers.
9. Chair declared the result of the ballot, which was a unanimous endorsement of Sir Kevin Barron. 9 votes in favour – A&Woodsetts ,
3 votes in favour – Wales Ward.
There followed a political discussion on campaigning.
Judy Dalton Secretary