Just received a document that seeks to undermine the Jay report, written by solicitor Chris Saltrese who specialises in acting for defendants in sex offence allegations. At first the report seems to laying out a method for defending any that might arise from allegations within the Jay report….or is it?
Please don’t get angry with Chris, before, during or after reading it. He’s doing his job, I’ve read it, and don’t agree with a number of his statements and conclusions, but it’s nothing personal, he’s just earning a living.
What I find most interesting is the politics underlying the document.
As far as I’m aware both the Council and the Police have accepted in totality the Jay report. Any criminal prosecutions will need to meet the usual standards of proof and the role of the Jay report would be negligible in a Court setting. As Jay herself has made clear, hers was never intended as a judicial review.
So why has it been written, and why has it been circulated? Was it intended to support criminal defence, or to be used as part of a political campaign to undermine Jay?
Now I don’t know the motives of Chris Saltrese, but he is an honourable person, he is a jobbing solicitor looking for work and taking the shilling from those who hire him.
On the other hand I can tell you the name I have been given as the main circulator of the document…guess who?
Our very own Akhtar.
He has circulated it to three people all of whom forwarded it to me, two of whom tell me he is busy sending it to anyone he thinks important, and maybe gullible enough to agree with it.
Did he, or friends, or family commission it? Did Chris write it as a sales document, hoping to get follow up business and if so why did Akhtar leap upon it and start circulating it?
It confirms something we already know.
Akhtar, Mahroof, possibly Shabanah and Showkat are running a covert propaganda campaign aimed at the rehabilitation of themselves in the eyes of local politicians and those in their community who see tham a political disaster for community relations.
In fact there is a clear strategy emerging; not to ensure the wellbeing of the Pakistani community, but of their own families. It is:
– See their and Labours current disgrace as political blip; remembering that a week is a long time in politics plan for the longer term
– Slowly rewrite history and discredit the Jay and other critical reports (see Akhtar below). Play on the fact that the majority haven’t read the full detail and therefore often judge the reports in personal or emotional terms
– Work behind the scenes to build power within the local party, bringing forward the next generation of Biraderi leaders and fellow travellers into party posts and seats where possible, using poor attendance and their sleeper vote at Ward and CLP meetings to win selection process and opress internal debate.
– Quietly reduce support for and take advantage of key figures (e.g. Lakin) losing their seats in 2015 by seeking to present candidates of their choice and gain promotion within a Labour Group denuded of some current Cabinet members.
– Work towards Sarah Champions defeat by UKIP in 2015, by covertly withdrawing support for her and de facto supporting UKIP. Discredit her for being too keen to pursue child protection issues to the detriment of the Labour Council Group (another reason why Akhtar finds the solicitors report attractive…it makes Sarah’s child protection work appear misplaced or at least an over reaction), and fail to bring out the Pakistani vote.
– Selection of a candidate from their own Biraderi group to fight against a UKIP MP in 2020.